Lead Physical Preparation Coach - Victorian Institute of Sport
The Lead Physical Preparation Coach for Combat is responsible for the physical preparation of the VIS scholarship holders in the sports of Taekwondo, Judo, Boxing and Wrestling. The position is primarily aimed at achieving the following goals:
- Supporting VIS scholarship holders improve their sporting performances.
- Supporting CombatAUS coaching staff achieve their program KPI’s.
- Work with performance support team (VIS & CombatAUS) to provide an inter-disciplinary approach to improve performance and athlete health and wellbeing.
Responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Lead the physical preparation program for all VIS CombatAUS scholarship athletes.
- Provide the highest level of technical S&C coaching to the players across a range of activities including strength, speed, agility, endurance and rehabilitation.
- Design individual physical preparation plans and programs to maximise player development and performance.
- Liaise with coaches and relevant VIS/CombatAUS support staff to design, implement and evaluate individualised training programs
- Lead the program through setting physical standards and benchmarks for the squad and individual athletes.
- Attend regular meetings with coaches and support staff to discuss progress of individual athletes relating to performance and athlete health status.