Player Development Officer - West Ham United Foundation
West Ham United Foundation are looking for enthusiastic member of staff to assist the Player Development Manager at West Ham United Foundation, to ensure quality of the delivery across the pathway, as well as supporting the growth of the Player Pathway in new areas.
- Work closely with players within the Player Pathway across multiple sites.
- Support the development of coaches within all tiers of the player pathway.
- Continuously develop the delivery curriculum in line with the core value of the programme and Foundation.
- Effectively communicate with parents across all programmes, keeping them up to date with their child’s development, fixture opportunities and
other programme which the Foundation offers.
- Be a positive role model for all players engaged within WHU Foundation programmes with a key emphasis on raising player’s aspirations and
improving their outlook on future opportunities both in and out of football
- Aid the growth of new centres across Essex and East London.
- Always relate conversations back to positive outcomes, choices and academic success.
- Appropriate challenge players who fail to comply and adhere to the club’s expectations, ethos and values.
- Effectively manage the league/ games programme for Player Pathway programmes.
- Formulate bespoke action plans and targets for coaches who you specifically work with, and review these on a termly basis.
- Ensure all activities are delivered safely and are age appropriate.
- Follow facility protocols and procedures.
- Support and deliver across half term programmes such as Player Development Camps and Holiday Hammers.
- Work alongside the School Coordinator to engage with schools to promote the development centres and holiday provision creating a seamless
pathway between programmes.
Experience / Education / Qualifications
A minimum FA Level Two qualification or equivalent
A minimum UEFA B qualification or equivalent
4 Years Experienced in delivering high quality football sessions,
Experience of working with young people in different settings e.g. Grassroots, Development Centres, Team based programmes
Working with external partners e.g. local authorities, grassroots clubs, schools.
Level 1 Futsal Qualification
Safeguarding and first aid qualification
Level 2 Sports coaching qualification outside of football
Experience of facilitating sports and physical activity sessions outside of football
Experience of delivering high quality sessions to mixed young people of ability groups
Experience of working with young people from a range of diverse backgrounds
Demonstrate an understanding of how effectively engage young people across multiple age ranges
Knowledge and understanding of the principles of football development
Knowledge and understanding of business development
An understanding of the issues and barriers impacting young people
Demonstrate an understanding of mentoring
Skills and abilities
Must be able to demonstrate excellent oral and written communication / presentation skills, which are culturally competent
Able to work within a diverse community and draw on individual strengths to promote individual development
Able to effectively communicate with participants and the public
Good organisational skills, able to prioritise and work within deadlines
Commitment to develop and improve own performance and CPD
Ability to work independently and supervise if required
Strong commitment to quality service delivery
Ability to get on with a wide range of people
Ability to monitor and evaluate programme delivery