PR Executive - West Ham United
Closing Date: 28th February 2019
Position Type: Full Time (Permanent)
Location: London Stadium, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, Stratford
Benefits: 25 days’ annual leave
Contributory pension scheme
Healthcare cash plan
Reporting to Senior Communications Manager, the PR Executive will make up an intrinsic part of West Ham United’s communications team.
The successful candidate will help West Ham United achieve its communications objectives, working across the Communications and Marketing function to ensure a joined up approach on all activity.
The post-holder will be responsible for assisting with a wide range of communications outputs and activity across West Ham United channels and pro-actively across local and national media.
• Working as directed by the Head of Communications to support a proactive communications strategy in support of MarComms objectives (working in collaboration with the Marketing Team.
• Pro-actively develop creative PR campaigns for impactful non-sporting media coverage in support of the Club’s key communications objectives.
• Helping to maintain messaging documents so that other Club spokespeople are able to answer corporate questions.
• Maintaining relationships with a range of internal stakeholders across all functions of the Club and external stakeholders within the media.
• Working with the Senior Communications Manager to support the West Ham United Foundation, and the Club’s other charitable and community activities, including our support for the Moore Foundation, the DT38 Foundation, Pride of Irons, etc.
• Assist with Board and senior management press appearances, interviews and press conferences, as directed and needed.
1. To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion and age.
2. To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of
opportunity for both staff and clients
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: -
Essential (E) Desirable (D)
Education / Qualifications / Experience:
• At least two years’ experience in an in-house or PR agency role is desirable (E)
• Track record of securing media coverage (E)
• Competent in relevant IT systems including Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Photoshop. (E)
• Experience of working in a complex stakeholder environment (D)
Abilities / Skills / Knowledge
• Creative mindset (E)
• Aware of trends in Social Media (E)
• Communicate well with strong writing and inter-personal skills (E)
• Demonstrate drive, commitment and a focus to producing work of the highest standard (E)
• Have attention to detail, excellent workload management and be a good team player (E)
• Commitment to learn and develop with the role (E)
• Ability to manage relationships with a number of internal and external stakeholders (E)
• Meticulous attention to detail (E)
• Committed, hardworking, with a flexible approach (E)
• Organised with an excellent ability to manage, organise and prioritise workload (E)
• Ability to work calmly under pressure (E)
• A genuine team player (E)
• Able to communicate to a variety of audiences through an understanding and appreciation of the audience’s needs (D)
• Be able to work effectively on your own and within a team (D)
We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment and have been accredited with the being a Disability Confident Employer. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities. Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.
Please apply through our recruitment site at https://www.whufc.com/club/recruitment/vacancies by 28th February 2019.