Senior School Development Officer - West Ham United Foundation
The Schools Development Officer (SDO) will coordinate (60%), deliver (10%) and evaluate (30%) all aspects of the Premier League Primary Stars Programme and wider educational activities delivered by West Ham United Foundation.
You will ensure activities are safe and suitable for all participants involved, and you will have the responsibility of supervising and supporting participants, making sure protocols are followed at all times.
Finally, you will promote the WHU Foundation mission of encouraging sports participation, promoting health and wellbeing and improvement life opportunities.
• Coordinate the day to day running of the Premier League Primary Stars Programme and Foundation’s wider schools programme.
• Support the growth of WHU Foundation’s school programme by developing new initiatives to generate unrestricted income.
• Delivery of bespoke in-service training and development of resources to support the upskilling of WHU Foundation delivery staff
• Direct line management of WHU Foundation school based delivery staff
• Ensure that suitable progression pathways are available for young people to reach their potential. This will involve linking, and maintaining and developing relationship with relevant schools, community organisations and local sports infrastructure.
• Ensure all activities are delivered to the standards expected in regards to coaching, health and safety and child protection and in accordance with the Foundation’s /Club’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
• When required, provide cover and assistance for other coaching staff across all boroughs/areas that the Foundation operates. This cover may extend to attending meetings, conferences, workshops and events if required.
• Deliver a range of sport and educational based activities that are structured, progressive, fun and of a high quality, in a safe environment, which are accessible to all targeted young people.
• Organise and deliver a range of high-quality tournaments, fun days and road shows across East London and Essex in line with set KPI’s and programme growth targets.
• Continually monitor and evaluate all sessions, activities and programmes and adapt delivery accordingly.
• Respond to general enquiries and deal efficiently with any administration requirements resulting from the implementation of activities i.e. provide up to date monitoring information as required using Substance VIEWS , production of activity registers, update the database and provide statistics accordingly.
• Positively promote the Clubs/Foundation s Equal Opportunities Policy and core values in all aspects of the post’s responsibilities and duties.
• Contribute to other Schools and Foundation programmes where required.