Senior Social Media Producer - West Ham United
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced social media professional to join a dynamic, fast-paced environment at one of the largest and most ambitious Premier League clubs.
As a Senior Social Media Producer, you will play an important role in moulding the Club’s social media strategy, ideating and producing best-in-class content and working with our Social Media Producers to ensure key performance indicators (KPIs) are met. You will work across the men’s team (including matchdays), as directed by the Social Media Manager.
The ideal candidate for this role would be a knowledgeable social media professional with experience working for a sports organisation. They will have a keen interest in football, a proven track record of creating high-performing content for a sports audience and are adept at applying trends to content in a manner which keeps the organisation’s creative identity and brand values at its core.
• Creation of the Club’s social media distribution schedule
• Work closely with the Social Media Producers to guide and assist in the delivery of high-performing organic content across West Ham United’s social media channels
• Collaborate with the Social Media Manager to define and develop the Club’s social media strategy
• Establish an understanding of Club best practice, particularly in the areas of partnership content and editorial style
• Lead on the production and delivery of organic social content on men’s first team matchdays
• Liaise with our external agencies to ensure content is in line with the Club’s overarching social media strategy and brand tone of voice.
• Lead the social media team in the absence of the Social Media Manager (e.g. lieu days, annual leave)
• Examine the social media landscape to ensure trends are identified and applied to content in an efficient manner
• Cooperate with the content team and wider departments to ensure key objectives are met
• Use your knowledge of social media and content to contribute advice, opinion and ideas to colleagues
• Ideation, planning and creation of content during player appearance shoots
• Analyse and benchmark content performance against KPIs.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas:
Essential (E) Desirable (D)
Education, Qualifications & Experience:
• Minimum two years in a similar role for a professional sports organisation (club, league, federation or agency) (E)
• Educated to a degree level or equivalent experience (D)
• Experience in working weekends and unsociable hours in-line with the football calendar (E)
• A proven track record of growing engagement rates and following of large social media accounts (E)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (E)
• Highly organised individual who recognises the importance of structure and planning (E)
• Experience operating in an elite sports environment (E)
• Highly proficient on Adobe Suite (E)
• Experience with CapCut (D)
• Deep knowledge of men’s club football (E)
• Exceptional attention to detail, particularly in the areas of written and visual content (E)
• Experience using social media analytic tools (D)
• Experience managing social media team members (D)
• A deep understanding of social media platforms and consumer trends (E)
• Skilled at content optimisation on all major social media channels (E)
• Ability to work around the football calendar (evenings and weekends) (E)
• Ability to speak confidently in large group meetings (D)
• A passion for creating social media content (E)
• Can operate well in a time-sensitive and high-pressured environment (E)
• Ability to communicate key business messaging in a format which is suitable for social media (E)
• Experience working either for or with social media agencies (D)