Supporter Services Executive - West Ham United
Hours: 35 hours per week, plus First Team Home matches.
Location: London Stadium, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
Benefits: 25 days’ annual leave
Contributory pension scheme
Healthcare cash plan
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the West Ham United Marketing and Communications department for a Supporter Services Executive.
The experience and service that our supporters receive when they attend a match or contact the Club with questions is hugely important to us. The successful candidate will demonstrate a real passion for delivering that service, and improving that experience.
Candidates will need to be flexible with hours and available to work all of West Ham’s home fixtures throughout the football season, including some weekends, evenings and public holidays.
The ideal candidate will need to have a strong background and interest in customer services or event administration and ideally have an understanding of what is required to deal with supporters in a professional sporting environment.
They will need to be hardworking, reliable and professional at all times, with the confidence to deal with people in pressured situations, and excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a clear appreciation of the needs of a variety of different audiences.
• Monitoring and processing emails received by the Club with questions, concerns or complaints from supporters, ensuring these are passed on to the relevant teams, or dealing with them personally when appropriate;
• Monitoring fan forums, social media and other digital channels to identify issues raised by supporters and flag these to colleagues as necessary;
• Providing the core liaison function on matchdays for all feedback, comments, questions and complaints in relation to the supporters’ experience;
• Where necessary, investigating and resolving issues or queries raised by supporters, keeping accurate records of any discussions and correspondence;
• Liaising on a routine basis with colleagues from other departments to discuss and act on issues, complaints and trends identified through the various supporter channels, and improve the management of the Club’s responses;
• Ensuring that FAQ guides used by the Supporter Services Team and by other departments to handle supporter queries are regularly checked and kept up-to-date, including adding new FAQs and answers as they arise.
The post-holder will also have administrative responsibility for a range of other channels of communication that different supporters’ groups use to engage with the Club, including:
• Assisting with supporter enquiries via the official Supporter Services twitter account @WestHamHelp;
• Processing applications and other administrative tasks on a daily basis to ensure the smooth running of the department;
• Updating and moderating Supporter Services content and information displayed across all Club channels;
• Ensuring that the Club’s guidelines and supporter services standards are maintained and exceeded in all verbal and written communication.
1. To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion and age.
2. To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: -
Essential (E) - Desirable (D)
• Demonstrable experience of working in a customer services environment (E)
• Experience of managing staff in a customer service environment (E)
• Excellent report writing skills (E)
• Excellent levels of numeracy and literacy (E)
• Competent in relevant IT systems including Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Share point (E)
• Ability to manage relationships with a number of internal and external stakeholders. (E)
• Meticulous attention to detail (E)
• Committed, hardworking, with a flexible approach (E)
• Organised with an excellent ability to manage, organise and prioritise workload (E)
• Ability to work calmly under pressure (E)
• A genuine team player (E)
• Be able to work effectively on your own and within a team (D)
• Ability to motivate and inspire staff (D)
• A practical understanding of supporter’s involvement and the journey in a professional football club (D)
• Able to communicate to a variety of audiences through an understanding and appreciation of the audience’s needs. (D)
• A keen interest in football (D)
Understanding and commitment to the Club’s Equality Policy and ability to promote anti-discriminatory practice.
We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities. Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.
Please apply via our recruitment page on our website (https://www.whufc.com/club/recruitment/vacancies) by 28th February 2019